Your Support Keeps These Trips Completely Free For The Veterans
Honor Flight Dayton, Inc. is a Federal Nonprofit 501(c) 3 Organization. Donations are Tax Deductible.
All donations to our Federal, nonprofit, 501(c) 3 organization are tax deductible. Contributors should consult their tax advisor concerning the financial benefits of making such a donation.
The cost to conduct an average Honor Flight Dayton (HFD) trip out of Dayton, Ohio is currently $40,000. This is HFD’s cost associated with transporting about 85 veterans, roundtrip airfare, meals, rental of three 56 passenger deluxe motor coaches in the Washington, D.C. area, tee shirts for the Veterans, insurance, etc. The guardians pay their own way. To sponsor a flight contact Honor Flight Dayton’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 322-4448 during normal business hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please leave a message if we are on the other line.
We now have two categories for those individuals or organizations that would like to sponsor a specific flight. Full sponsorship costs $20,000 and co-sponsorships (typically two per flight) costs $10,000 and provides the sponsor(s) the following:
- Membership of the organization can be at the flight send-off and will be recognized.
- For full sponsorship, four (4) members of the organization (two (2) members for a co-sponsorship) may go on the flight as guardians for free.
- The organization may provide literature about their organization, which will be included in the flight packages given to the Veterans and guardians during the flight.
- The organization may conduct the “Welcome Home” ceremony.
- The organization will be included in all advertising and publicity of the sponsored flight and will be included on the Honor Flight Dayton Web site.